I’m one month away from the release of my next book, Who Will Be A Witness?: Igniting Activism for God’s Justice, Love, and Deliverance. I am especially excited to see this book released since it is so timely for our moment and is designed to strengthen the church’s public witness in doing justice and participating in God’s deliverance. With the racism and violence happening in our world and the global movements rising up in response to it, this book will deepen the faithfulness of the church. I am excited to get into the hands of as many readers as possible. Especially to readers who understand that we need to act faithfully and courageously in pursuit of God’s justice.
With only one month to go I’m hoping to get about 100 dedicated and enthusiastic people to join me in getting the word out. Are you in?
Who Will Be A Witness? gets us past the domesticated image of Jesus and invites us into radical discipleship to the nonviolent revolution of our Messiah and it describes the mangled witness of the mainstream church as it entangled with white supremacy, religious nationalism, and economic exploitation. Finally, it invites us into faithful grassroots social change work that is aligned with the way of Jesus, providing a variety of research based strategies that align well with the vocation of the church. And yes, there is even more jammed into this book. I put a lot of love into. Isn’t this timely?
I’m looking for about 100 people who believe this book is important and are committed and enthusiastic about getting the word out in 2 ways. My launch team members do two main things. They share the book with others through social media and in their personal networks, especially around its release on September 1st. And secondly, but not less significantly, they post an honest book review of Who Will Be A Witness? on its Amazon page within its first week out. Reviews are extremely important.
Public awareness of books in our current social media world requires a large supportive team of people.
This is what you get as a Who Will Be A Witness? team member:
1) A complimentary digital copy of Who Will Be A Witness? that you get ahead of the official release.
2) A special zoom conversation with me about the book, exclusively for launch team members. This is an opportunity to hear me talk about the book and share your responses and questions to it.
This is what you do as team members:
1) Post an honest review of Who Will Be A Witness? on Amazon.com during the book’s launch week (September 1st, 2020)
2) Post about the book on social media during its release, especially Sept. 1st. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. When you buy and receive a hard copy of the book, posting pictures of you holding it are very helpful. Also share the book with personal networks, for example writing an email to potentially interested Christian leaders, friends, family, and influencers.
3) This is optional, but I also hope that you would pre-order a hard copy of the book yourself and you could even consider purchasing it for someone that understands that we need to respond faithfully to injustice. (Trouble I’ve Seen is better for those who don’t quite get it yet).
Please only sign up if you are committed and enthusiastic about following through so I have a realistic idea of team launch participants.
To join, just click this link and ask to join the google group Launch Team: https://groups.google.com/g/who-will-be-a-witness-launch-team
In Solidarity in Christ,